Pages

Monday 24 August 2015

Swallowtail

This is the start of a week of butterfly cards. The swallowtail is a large stamp . It is one of my favourites and I have sold more of these stamps than any other. Its great for colouring in, daubing, thumping and heat embossing. Today I have a new card for you as well as a card I posted a few weeks ago as there are a lot of new viewers to my blog. To all the new viewers welcome and I always welcome your comments. If one of you is the lovely person who has placed an order on my online stampin up shop many thanks. It would be lovely to know who you are as I always send thank you cards to customers.

Back to swallowtail. Todays make is in crouched curry with black heat embossing, yes the heat gun was still on the desk and I hadn't opened my black embossing powder.  I love this colour combination it really pops and the butterfly looks as if it is 3d, particularly from a distance.


I have started with whisper white. Stamped with versa mark then heat embossed black embossing powder. I did two then carefully cut out the second one. I used the outside of the second one as a mask to sponge the crushed curry onto the butterfly then used the second butterfly as a mask to sponge the sky. I have stamped the lower edge with that wonderful bush stamp in awesomely artistic.
Looking at it now it probably didn't need the lace trim but hey ho who doesn't love a bit of lace.

As a contrast this one is pastel coloured and its the swing pop out card. So pretty. This one I posted details of a few weeks ago.


Stampin᾿ Up! Supplies
Table built by craftingbecky.com



No comments:

Post a Comment