Pages

Tuesday 22 December 2015

All about ribbons and bows:- ribbon roses.

I found a video of how to make this rose by chance and to say I am hooked is an understatement. I have 2 sets of wedding invitations and favours coming up this year so I am busy making samples and this will definitely be on one of the favours.

Today I have 4 samples for you. The first is in hessian ribbon at £7.25 for a 4.6m roll.  You can probably get a dozen or more roses from one roll. The bonus of this is that it has a metal thread in the edge which makes it easier to push through the whole then pull and twist.


The first picture is taken in natural daylight, not there is much of it these days! The four below are taken with the flash. It does change the colours a bit.






































The second rose is made with the White Jute ribbon. At £8.25 for 4.6m its a little more expensive but you can spritz this to make it the colour you want. I think this one is the best.








In the seasonal catalogue was this wide cream striped ribbon. Because its softer it has made a much smaller rose but glossy and delicate. Also because the ribbon is not so thick the knot underneath is smaller making the whole rose much more delicate.






I then started a roll of last years wide linen ribbon in red, ready for Valentines day. It makes the most lovely delicate roses and because its a bit firmer it is easier than the others to work with as it doesn't slip and slide.



















I hope you enjoyed this. I think when I start my Valentine cards I will bring you an instruction sheet for these. Dig out your rolls of wide ribbon in readiness








2 comments:

  1. Ooh fab Karen... Agree about the white jute one! Hope your back etc has eased....and have a wonderful Christmas and a very happy new year ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda, getting there and seasons greetings to you to.

      Delete