Pages

Thursday 31 March 2016

Heat Embossing - vintage style

I started this card in the same way as the yesterdays card, stamping in versa mark and heat embossing in clear powder. I do like the effect this gives - making the flower look as if it has been inked in a darker ink. 



I then filled the background roughly with the dots from timeless textures. I wanted to get away from the straight edge square so I distressed the edges, eventually removing some of the corners. I have daubed the edges and the doilies. The cotton ribbon holds the focal point with the sentiment and a few punched flowers with pearls.




Which do you prefer, yesterdays clean and simple or todays grungy/vintage design?

The events and classes page has been updated. Please check it out. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment