Pages

Sunday 27 March 2016

Same stamps, same technique, very different results.

Two things came together for this card -  I had wanted to create the dandelion picture with 2 of the very small stamps in 'Balloon Celebration' set and on Wednesday 13th April I have been asked to do heat embossing for my regular 2nd Wed of the month club.
I haven't done any heat embossing for while. The problem with this technique for a complicated multi-stamped image is when you stamp with the versa mark, if its clean you can't always see where you have stamped, plus you need to work quickly so it doesn't dry before you put the embossing powder on. This second problem was my concern as I had quite a few bits to stamp.
This first card is quite gentle, I have used white heat embossing powder then just swooshed the pear pizzaz and soft sky ink pads across the card to put the colour on and I think the sentiment matches the image so well.




The detail.


In order to do a card where the heat embossing pops I have created the same image on a dark background, here on Night of Navy. The white embossing does pop. Then reversed the colours for the sentiment. It certainly pops.


Which one do you prefer?


No comments:

Post a Comment