Pages

Wednesday 20 April 2016

The Royal Acadamy is Wild about Flowers at the moment.

Well a very late in the day post from me today. Yesterdays post was scheduled as I had a trip to the big smoke then today I have been at my other job....teaching and this evening a visit to the theatre. Yes its a bit manic at the moment, role on the weekend  when I hope to sit in the sun and sip a white wine.
The Royal Acadamy exhibition was wonderful. I loved the room with the greenhouses in the corners. There were displays of old gardening books, all had tooled leather covers - beautiful, and hand written letters between the various artists and plans of their gardens. I hadn't realised that gardening had become  fashionable  during this time.
I didn't take pictures inside in the exhibition although there were people doing that but I felt any camera would not do them justice. The triptych of the Monet lilies on the pond were huge, so impressive a scale of work.



Can you spot me on the pictures below?






No comments:

Post a Comment