Pages

Tuesday 25 July 2017

A funny old day

Not crafting related to day. This story relates to a week last Sunday!

My friend had told me about the 'Home and Gift' fair being held in Harrogate. As it was free I though I would have a day out and check out what was going to be on trend for  Christmas. However by the time we arrived in Harrogate the multi-story car park  was full. There was a chap there telling people to try the park and ride as the other multistories in Harrogate where also full. We followed his directions to the park and ride but got lost and ended up in Knaresborough!

We abandoned the idea of going back into Harrogate and turning around found we were quite close to Harewood House.


 That was were we headed. It was a lovely warm day. We had a very late lunch in the courtyard sat outside, Then walked around the lake to the walled garden. I was a bit disappointed that the walled garden was mainly vegetables as I was looking for a bit of inspiration, however the Capability Brown terrace was beautiful.  I could quite happily spend all day with my secaters out snipping where tendrils grew that shouldn't. The view from the terrace out across the lake was stunning under a blue sky.




I haven't been to Harewood house since I was quite a young girl. It was then half way between where I lived and where I went to boarding school. It was on the main road across the country, pre motorway days, (gosh am I really that old!) . When my Grandma came with my Mum and I to take me back to school we used to stop at Harewood house for lunch or afternoon tea. Once I left my school hat there, they posted it on along with a hamper of lovely goodies that we shared in the dorm.



No comments:

Post a Comment