Pages

Tuesday 5 September 2017

Developing backgrounds

This card was one for todays Tuesday afternoon class. We regularly work on a new technique, often doing 3 cards using that technique. This one is called 'Bokeh' I can't say I know how to pronounce it.

For this card I have started with daubing then used the circle cut outs for the daubing with white ink. If you want the white to stand out it needs to be layered with ink a few times, I went for a more subtle finish. The little dandelion head is from the same set as yesterdays card - the Balloon Celebration set.



The colours for the daubing are Dapper Denim,  Pool Party and Soft Sky. The dandelion clock heads are stamped in dapper denim, the dots are also stamped in this colour but I have stamped them on my workpaper before the card front, this is called stamping off. 





2 comments: