Pages

Sunday 21 January 2018

My new Love.....

Well there are stamps and there are stamp sets. I seem to go for the ones that can be watercoloured and grunged and are not really the clean and simple type. I do make clean and simple as there are a lot of people who love that but my love is really the opposite.
I think the last annual catalogue from Stampin'Up is the best ever and I have been a demonstrator for 5 years but I was a little upset that the 'wetlands'set had not carried forward. The only set that I could see that came remotely close was the one with the lighthouse and that wasn't quite there. So in the spring occasions catalogue I was relieved to find the 'Waterfront ' set. Its near the back of the catalogue but my copy got a big tick by that set I knew it would be my first purchase.


So with a clear desk I set out to play. Choosing your colours is the first step and to be honest I don't think you can go wrong. Different combinations bring different seasons/feelings/moods and you then add elements to suit.
This was my first make. I have used standard Stampin'Up whisper white card. I wanted to use the little beach hut so the colours were picked to match. In my stash I had the shells. I just love it hope you do to.


Doesn't it make you feel summery?








Now that I have finished it. I have found a few more sentiments that I could use. The birds are from the set with the lighthouse. I love coming out of the frame with the stamping.
More with this set over this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment